WALLBOX eVOLVE SMART
The eVolve Smart T wall box is an advanced wall mounted charging station with an aluminum and ABS plastic enclosure.
- One station per two parking spaces. One or Two sockets on each station.
- Single phase or three phase.
- Each socket is rated up to 7 kW single phase and 22 kW three phase.
- Output kW can be dialed down via a software configuration change if the power supply is inadequate for the rating of the station.
- Output kW can be load balanced across two sockets
- Optional Type A/B internal RCDS.
- On-board ethernet and 3G modem for networking.
- IP54/IK10 Rating.
- Large enclosure for optional RCDs.
Modifications to Standard IEC 61851-1:2017. Type B RCDs are now mandatory for twin socket stations.
On February 7th 2017, the new edition of International Standard IEC 61851-1:2017 was published. The standard states that AC twin socket charging stations with sockets that can be used simultaneously must have independent 30 mA RCDs for each socket. There must be an RCD for each socket within the charging station. It is not enough to have a single RCD in the distribution board for the cable run. The RCDs must be Type B or alternatively Type A in conjunction with equipment that detects DC fault current above 6 mA emanating from the car. Type B RCDs detect more fault conditions and are more likely to trip. Therefore, Circontrol recommend auto-closing Type B RCDs because this results in lower operating costs due to fewer expensive callouts to reset the RCD.
Auto reset RCDs. RECmax MP-C2-25 P27114 Auto-closing circuit breaker.
- PDF for RECmax MP
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juhe2ODJJe4&feature=youtu.be
- eVolve RCD Auto Revovery
For Charge Point Operator / Owner
- The Embedded Load Management allows a lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) by charging two EVs simultaneously even when the charger is not supplied with its maximum output power.
- Its frontal key-locked door provides an easy access to the inside of the charger which results in a lower OpEx (Operating Expenditure) due to a quicker installation and service (preventive/corrective). Moreover, it allows the charger to be installed next to a wall, optimising the available space.
- About the charger’s housing, aluminium and ABS plastic have been combined in a robust structural design that provides protection to both mechanical stress and severe environmental conditions, increasing the charger lifespan and avoiding its replacement in just a few years.
- In terms of communication, either by its Ethernet port (by default) or 3G/GPRS modem (optional) the charger can be connected to a back-office system (by means of OCPP) obtaining benefits such as user management, billing, remote error diagnostic, etc The stations are designed to be used like a self-service petrol pump without supervision.
- To comply with the most demanding requirements regarding billing, eVolve series includes MID certified meters.
For Charge Point User
- Clear charging instructions and plug status are shown using a backlight display, increasing user satisfaction, especially useful when the charger has been previously reserved by another user.
- eVolve series offers a flexible authentication, meaning that the user can either authenticate before or after connecting the cable to the EV. Additionally, the authentication process can also be disabled for a ‘plug & charge’ use mode.
- The Accessibility for the disabled has also been considered, complying with international standards regarding the height of connectors/ display that facilitates its operation.
- eVolve series includes the necessary electrical protections (optional) not only to minimize the human safety risk of electrical shock but also to ensure the maximum uptime due to independent protections per connector.